How ASCs Can Reach Newly-Insured Patients
MediGain offers the following suggestions for practices to encourage newly insured patients to seek care away from the emergency department:
• Invest in and contribute to community education initiatives, which may offer a high return on investment as the newly insured begin to see the benefits of a long-term relationship with a provider.
• Invest in practice management software to identify scheduling and wait time trends to better schedule those who may not be able to take time off work.
According to the blog post, "higher patient volume can lead to healthier revenue cycle management, but it's difficult to get through to new patients who aren't sure what seeing a physician at a practice could do for them that an ER doctor can't."
More Articles on Coding and Billing:
Reduce Billing Costs: 4 Areas to Focus On
Budgeting for ICD-10: 10 Things to Know
Providers Further Behind on ICD-10 Procedural Codes Than Diagnosis Codes
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
5 articles on ASC out-of-network strategyRead Now
- Boosting pay at eye centers: Q&A with Bergen-Passaic Cataract Surgery Center's Caroline Ivanovski-Hauser
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches Perioperative Surgical Home Learning Collaborative
- 5 surgical time-out solutions
- New anesthesia algorithm boosts sleep apnea diagnoses, saves lives
- Humble leaders could be the most profitable: here's why