Healthcare Plan Divides Physicians, Employers Over Cost of Care
The plan is called TrueCost, and nine employers with more than 5,000 employees have signed on so far to reduce their costs and receive a provider bonus, according to the report.
However, some hospitals and physicians are saying they will not honor the plan because they didn't negotiate the payments. TrueCost directly competes with HealthSpan, Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield and Humana.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Kareo Raises $20.5M for Cloud-Based Billing Software
Community Health Centers Receive $4.25M in HIT Grants
5 Steps to Better Billing at ASCs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
BCBSA report: Hip, knee replacement billing can vary widely in the same marketRead Now
- Dr. Jean-François Pittet to serve as next editor-in-chief of Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Eastern Niagara hopes new surgery center will boost
- IT experts: Don't let ICD-10 take your eyes off of cybersecurity
- AAPC survey: Most ready for ICD-10, think testing successful
- How to investigate an employee's claims and keep from getting sued