Healthcare Plan Divides Physicians, Employers Over Cost of Care
The plan is called TrueCost, and nine employers with more than 5,000 employees have signed on so far to reduce their costs and receive a provider bonus, according to the report.
However, some hospitals and physicians are saying they will not honor the plan because they didn't negotiate the payments. TrueCost directly competes with HealthSpan, Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield and Humana.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Kareo Raises $20.5M for Cloud-Based Billing Software
Community Health Centers Receive $4.25M in HIT Grants
5 Steps to Better Billing at ASCs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- The ACA Moving Target: How and When Will Health Reform Impact Health Benefits
- Driving Value and Outcomes in the Treatment of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- How Will Healthcare's Changing Climate Affect ASCs?
- Medicare and Medicaid Reimbursement Trends for ASCs
- UC Irvine Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care to Host Perioperative Surgical Home Summit