Health Insurance Exchanges: A Big Challenge for ASCs
Registration for exchanges began Oct. 1, 2013 and the coverage went into effect Jan. 1, 2014. For states which have set up their own exchange programs, Medicaid enrollment is growing, despite the late 2013 government shutdown and the HealthCare.gov website glitches.
The best strategy is to anticipate increases both in the newly-insured patients and in the number of already-insured patients who received discounts or vouchers to switch to better plans, Ms. Rock says. ASC personnel should be trained and equipped to respond and adapt to any future fluctuations.
Click here for more insight from Lisa Rock on billing and coding changes.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Symbion's Q1 Revenue Reaches $133.9M: 5 Financial Report Highlights
10 ASCs Making Headlines This Week
4 of the Most Common ASC Billing Questions Answered
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 6 things to know contaminated medical instruments
- Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in Washington offers outpatient joint replacements: 5 key notes
- What ASC leaders need to know about Donald Trump's '2 for 1' executive order to cut regulations
- 7 things to know about MRSA
- GOP remains unified around 1 core healthcare element — Health savings accounts