Health Insurance Exchanges: A Big Challenge for ASCs
Registration for exchanges began Oct. 1, 2013 and the coverage went into effect Jan. 1, 2014. For states which have set up their own exchange programs, Medicaid enrollment is growing, despite the late 2013 government shutdown and the HealthCare.gov website glitches.
The best strategy is to anticipate increases both in the newly-insured patients and in the number of already-insured patients who received discounts or vouchers to switch to better plans, Ms. Rock says. ASC personnel should be trained and equipped to respond and adapt to any future fluctuations.
Click here for more insight from Lisa Rock on billing and coding changes.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Symbion's Q1 Revenue Reaches $133.9M: 5 Financial Report Highlights
10 ASCs Making Headlines This Week
4 of the Most Common ASC Billing Questions Answered
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Innovation in GI: Advances in gastroenterology technology & technique
- A game changer for GI — Dr. Anthony Starpoli on how the TIF procedure can control regurgitation
- How to create a strategic partnership with a hospital
- 9 states with the highest & lowest physician salaries
- Frenetic consolidation: The anesthesia market today & where ASCs fit in