Former Billing Company Owner Fined for Improperly Disposing Medical Records
Goldthwait Associates' former owners and four physician offices will pay a $140,000 settlement with the Massachusetts attorney general's office.
The un-shredded documents were found in a trash can in 2010 and included private information for 67,000 patients.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Selecting an ASC Transcription Vendor: 8 Monthly Costs & Tasks to Consider When Calculating ROI
Athenahealth Acquires Epocrates Mobile Provider
AMA, Medial Groups Call for CMS to Stop ICD-10 Mandate
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Institute of Healthcare Improvement CEO delivers keynote on improving quality: 5 highlights
- AAAHC accredits Professional Eye Surgery Center: 3 things to know
- GI leader to know: Dr. John Hines of The Iowa Clinic
- Fujifilm Endoscopy to showcase devices at NYSGE conference: 4 takeaways
- Dr. Albert Czaja awarded 2016 Mayo Clinic Distinguished Alumni Award: 3 thoughts