Focus ICD-10 Budgeting on HIT to Minimize Impact
HealthLeaders Media report.
Karen Testman, CFO of MemorialCare Health System in Long Beach, Calif., recommends budgeting for computer-assisted coding, comprehensive clinical documentation improvement, HIM training, the system-wide IT component and training and education.
She recommends early adoption, as well as preparing for long term costs and money that will need to be invested on an ongoing basis.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Physicians Participating in ACA Exchanges: 57% Say They Will to Remain Competitive
New SGR Patch to Costs Would Exceed $8B
4 Steps to Include in Your ICD-10 Transition Plan
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies