Evaluate ICD-10 Transition Plans to Account for Vendors, Payors
Payors should already be updating their software, systems and procedures to be in compliance. They should also have goals for six or seven months of testing. Payors and providers should team up to be on the same page, according to the report.
Early testing is a necessity, as not all vendors will be ready for the Oct. 1, 2014, deadline, and even an electronic health record will not be enough if the proper information doesn’t get inputted for claims.
Don't leave your transition strategy to a technology vendor. Rather, base your schedule on your practice's needs. Also work to combat fear of the switch with training, education and communication.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Dr. Farzad Mostashari: Patience With EHRs Will Pay Off
MediGain Receives $8.5M to Expand Billing Services to ASCs
CMS Clarifies Individual Mandate's Penalties, Perks
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Insurance coverage adequacy — How the US compares: 15 key statistics
- 5 statistics on accountable care organizations — 500 & counting
- AAAASF accredits Bay Area Surgical Specialists: 5 key note
- Dr. Jon Dickinson performs elbow surgery on A's catcher at Presidio Surgical Center: 5 key notes
- Dr. Tom Oliverson runs for Texas House of Representatives: 3 notes