Delaware workers comp fee schedule changes: 4 elements affecting ASCs
Workers Compensation report. Here are four things to know about the legislation and how it affects ambulatory surgery centers.
1. HB 373 went into effect July 15. The bill included a 33 percent reduction in medical costs to the workers' compensation system, absolute caps on all workers' compensation procedures beginning Jan. 1, 2017 and increased independence for the Ratepayer Advocate, according to the report.
2. The absolute caps are based on a percentage of Medicare per-procedure reimbursements. The Rate Payer Advocate represents ratepayers during the workers' compensation rate approval process. The Advocate will move from under the purview of the Department of Insurance to the Workers' Compensation Oversight Panel, according to the report.
3. The legislation includes revisions to hospital and ASC fee schedules. ASCs that submitted a rate change report for the 2014 fee schedule will not be required to submit a rate change report next year.
4. The WCOP will send out a mandatory data request to hospitals and ASCs. The data will be used to create a new fee schedule. The new fee schedule will be created by Oct. 1 and put into play Jan. 31, 2015.
More Articles on Coding and Billing:
NueMD Updates Flagship Product for Small Practices
EmployerDirect Promotes Joni Guerrero to Vice President of Operations
Medicare 2015 Proposed Fee Schedule Rule Would Eliminate Global Surgical Packages: 4 Things to Know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Thousands of patients see data stolen from New Jersey hospital: 6 things to knowRead Now
- Dr. Daniel Lieberman now sees patients at Phoenix Spine Surgery Center in Goodyear — 5 key notes
- Nap Gary's impact on the ASC industry — His legacy from those he influenced
- AmSurg, SCA, HCA & more: 5 key ASC company stock reports — May 28, 2015
- Most common ASC errors in Oregon — 5 key notes
- Cardinal Health to add ambulatory center products after J&J purchase: 4 key notes