Critics Unconvinced Federal Investigators Properly Tackling EMR Over Billing
The Center for Public Integrity.
However, critics of the investigation said Dr. Mostashari and his panel are too closely connected with the HIT industry to properly regulate and spend billions of tax dollars allotted for EMR incentives.
The policy panel spent less than half an hour at the hearing listening to witness testimony on the billing issue, according to the report, and aren't likely to solve concerns about potential EMR fraud or abuse.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Top 5 Diagnosis Documentation Challenges Under ICD-10
10% of Physicians May Adopt Direct Pay Practices, Drop Medicare Coverage
7 Ways to Make the ICD-10 Switch Less Painful
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
iPatientCare Upgrades Training & ResourcesRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers