Critics Unconvinced Federal Investigators Properly Tackling EMR Over Billing
However, critics of the investigation said Dr. Mostashari and his panel are too closely connected with the HIT industry to properly regulate and spend billions of tax dollars allotted for EMR incentives.
The policy panel spent less than half an hour at the hearing listening to witness testimony on the billing issue, according to the report, and aren't likely to solve concerns about potential EMR fraud or abuse.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Top 5 Diagnosis Documentation Challenges Under ICD-10
10% of Physicians May Adopt Direct Pay Practices, Drop Medicare Coverage
7 Ways to Make the ICD-10 Switch Less Painful
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Innovation in GI: Advances in gastroenterology technology & technique
- A game changer for GI — Dr. Anthony Starpoli on how the TIF procedure can control regurgitation
- How to create a strategic partnership with a hospital
- 9 states with the highest & lowest physician salaries
- Frenetic consolidation: The anesthesia market today & where ASCs fit in