Critics Unconvinced Federal Investigators Properly Tackling EMR Over Billing
The Center for Public Integrity.
However, critics of the investigation said Dr. Mostashari and his panel are too closely connected with the HIT industry to properly regulate and spend billions of tax dollars allotted for EMR incentives.
The policy panel spent less than half an hour at the hearing listening to witness testimony on the billing issue, according to the report, and aren't likely to solve concerns about potential EMR fraud or abuse.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Top 5 Diagnosis Documentation Challenges Under ICD-10
10% of Physicians May Adopt Direct Pay Practices, Drop Medicare Coverage
7 Ways to Make the ICD-10 Switch Less Painful
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
5 Tips for Medical Groups to Take Advantage of ICD-10 ImplementationRead Now
- 7 Statistics on Physician Pay by Practice Setting
- Cook Medical Launches Instinct Endoscopic Hemoclip
- Logan Regional Medical Center Opens New Endoscopy Unit
- Sheridan Healthcare Announces Winner of Scholarship for Anesthesiologist Assistant Students
- Founder of URMC's Anesthesiology Department Dr. Alastair Gillies Dies