Critics Unconvinced Federal Investigators Properly Tackling EMR Over Billing
The Center for Public Integrity.
However, critics of the investigation said Dr. Mostashari and his panel are too closely connected with the HIT industry to properly regulate and spend billions of tax dollars allotted for EMR incentives.
The policy panel spent less than half an hour at the hearing listening to witness testimony on the billing issue, according to the report, and aren't likely to solve concerns about potential EMR fraud or abuse.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Top 5 Diagnosis Documentation Challenges Under ICD-10
10% of Physicians May Adopt Direct Pay Practices, Drop Medicare Coverage
7 Ways to Make the ICD-10 Switch Less Painful
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- PriorityOne to Expand Team in 2014, Move to Bigger Office Location
- BayCare Ambulatory Surgery Center to Begin Expansion Project
- Albany Urology Clinic & Surgical Center Opens in New Location
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Names Nueterra Global Alliance Best New Business
- Weill Cornell Researchers Link Controlled Breathing to IBD Symptom Relief