Computer-Assisted Coding Will Not Solve All ICD-10 Difficulties
CAC has several advantages, including:
• Increased coding efficiency
• Increased consistency
• Increased coding accuracy
• Use of free text for recording documentation
However, in order to maximize your benefit from CAC, templates and interfaces need to be built properly to handle the tasks and electronic health record templates need to be customized for clinical documentation improvement.
CAC will only work properly and optimally when physicians or coders enter the correct information to generate ICD-10 codes, which are vastly more specific than ICD-9.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Common Coding Mistakes in Ambulatory Surgery Centers: 6 Specialties to Know (Part 2 of 3)
Northeast Georgia Health Hires VP of Revenue Cycle
StenTel, M-Scribe Partner for Revenue Cycle Management Services
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Dr. Jeffrey Berger, Brian Freeman co-edit anesthesia board certification review book: 4 notes
- Colorado voters to decide on universal healthcare in November: 5 things to know
- Healthcare industry lagging in adopting patient-centered, coordinated care model: 7 things to know
- Private healthcare costs spiked 37% during ACA's 1st 4 years: 5 observations
- Pennsylvania 'medical homes' cut costs for Medicaid patients by $4k+: 5 takeaways