CMS Loosens Medicaid Enrollment Process
Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services Director Cindy Mann sent a letter to state health departments providing suggestions and guidance for enrollment, including adopting modified income-counting standards, extending the renewal period for enrollees beyond the typical three-month window, accepting documents submitted for Food Stamp applications to reduce redundant documentation and review, enrolling parents based on children's income eligibility and allowing adults to remain enrolled for one year even if their income changes.
More Articles on Medicaid:Hospital Consumer Price Index Takes Record Nose Dive in April
Arizona Senate Sides With Governor, Michigan Rejects Medicaid Expansion
Missouri Gov. Signs Law to Regulate North Kansas City Hospital Sale
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Benchmark Systems plans to release medical coding module for ICD-10 transitionRead Now
- Inpatient utilization expected to continue dropping
- 4 tips to addressing physician credentialing with payers during an acquisition
- New Bradley ASC may move orthopedics in 2 years
- Bridging the generational gap: Understanding older & younger surgeon perspectives
- Over-the-scope clip placement effective, safe for GI defects