CMS Loosens Medicaid Enrollment Process
Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services Director Cindy Mann sent a letter to state health departments providing suggestions and guidance for enrollment, including adopting modified income-counting standards, extending the renewal period for enrollees beyond the typical three-month window, accepting documents submitted for Food Stamp applications to reduce redundant documentation and review, enrolling parents based on children's income eligibility and allowing adults to remain enrolled for one year even if their income changes.
More Articles on Medicaid:Hospital Consumer Price Index Takes Record Nose Dive in April
Arizona Senate Sides With Governor, Michigan Rejects Medicaid Expansion
Missouri Gov. Signs Law to Regulate North Kansas City Hospital Sale
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Physician Practice EHR Use 2012 vs. 2014Read Now
- $2.35B AmSurg-Sheridan Deal Completion, 9% Rise in HCA Revenue, Northstar's $15.1M in Q2 Revenue & More – 7 Recent Key Notes on ASC Companies
- Reinventing Healthcare: 5 Strategies for Successfully Leading Change
- 5 Tips to Prevent Physician Burnout
- Mayo vs. Cleveland Clinic: Which Affiliate Network Reigns?
- 5 Recent Legislative Developments Affecting the Healthcare Industry