CMS Loosens Medicaid Enrollment Process
Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services Director Cindy Mann sent a letter to state health departments providing suggestions and guidance for enrollment, including adopting modified income-counting standards, extending the renewal period for enrollees beyond the typical three-month window, accepting documents submitted for Food Stamp applications to reduce redundant documentation and review, enrolling parents based on children's income eligibility and allowing adults to remain enrolled for one year even if their income changes.
More Articles on Medicaid:Hospital Consumer Price Index Takes Record Nose Dive in April
Arizona Senate Sides With Governor, Michigan Rejects Medicaid Expansion
Missouri Gov. Signs Law to Regulate North Kansas City Hospital Sale
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Anthem expected to add several thousand jobs to Atlanta market: 3 things to know
- Criticism of Vermont's proposed all-payer model continues: 5 things to know
- Arizona's lone insurer sees growth double from Medicaid expansion: 5 thoughts
- Revenue totals $1.3B for Pennsylvania ASCs in FY 2015, up 4.3%: 7 key findings
- Georgia Ophthalmologists opens 8k-sq-ft ASC: 4 notes