CMS Final Rule Adds 4 Procedures to ASC Approved List
This is a far cry from the 54 new procedures the ASC industry requested for approval, according to a report from the Texas Ambulatory Surgery Center Society. However, the initial proposed rule did not include any new procedures.
The new procedures added to the ASC Approved Procedure List include:
• Osteochondral allograft, knee, open
• Open treatment of patellar fracture with internal fixation
• Thyroidectomy, total or complete
• Parathyroidectomy or exploration of parathyroid
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
How to Take Control of ASC A/R Days: Q&A With Jessica Nantz
Fremont Medical Center to Complete Acquisition of Fremont Surgical Center
Peak One Surgery Center: Creating a Community Care Event
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- CMS launches 2 new patient engagement models
- 10 key trends in employers offering insurance benefits
- OrthoGeorgia surgeons perform 1st MAKO partial knee replacement in a Georgia ASC: 5 things to know
- Orlando Health's ambulatory care center makes da Vinci robotic system permanently available
- AAAHC accredits Mississippi Urology Outpatient Surgery Center: 4 key notes