CMS Final Rule Adds 4 Procedures to ASC Approved List
CMS Final Rule added four new procedures to the ASC Approved Procedure List for Medicare patients.
This is a far cry from the 54 new procedures the ASC industry requested for approval, according to a report from the Texas Ambulatory Surgery Center Society. However, the initial proposed rule did not include any new procedures.
The new procedures added to the ASC Approved Procedure List include:
• Osteochondral allograft, knee, open
• Open treatment of patellar fracture with internal fixation
• Thyroidectomy, total or complete
• Parathyroidectomy or exploration of parathyroid
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
How to Take Control of ASC A/R Days: Q&A With Jessica Nantz
Fremont Medical Center to Complete Acquisition of Fremont Surgical Center
Peak One Surgery Center: Creating a Community Care Event
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
11 top-rated insurers for fewest denialsRead Now
- Foundation HealthCare revenue climbs 16%: 5 3Q financial report notes
- Dr. Benjamin Schmid receives McAuley Clinic Gratitude Award
- Regional Gastroenterology Associates of Lancaster name director of clinical services
- Revenue cycle firm acquires price transparency, consumer engagement company for $135M
- How much of physician income is tied to patient satisfaction?