CMS Extends ICD-10 Particle Code Freeze to October 2016
The code freeze will allow no major revisions until October 2016 but will allow the addition of new diagnoses and technologies as needed. After the code freeze ends, normal revisions will begin again.
More Articles on Coding and Billing:
From Now Until October 2015: The New ASC ICD-10 Implementation Timeline
3 Major Revenue Cycle Considerations in ASC-Hospital Joint Ventures
Health Insurance Exchanges: A Big Challenge for ASCs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
4 things to know Pulse System's new app for healthcare providersRead Now
- EHRs in ASCs: 5 thoughts for the present and future
- Seattle hospitals receive low infection control rating — ASCs maintain low risk
- 6 notes on primary care physicians' outlook on healthcare technology
- Dignity Health Saint Francis Memorial Hospital opens Orthopedic Institute — 6 things to know
- 'Probable' West Nile case in Ohio — 5 notes