CIOs Should be Involved in ICD-10 Financial Risk AssessmentMost ICD-10 financial risk information may be target for CFOs because of their position, but CIOs can benefit from financial risk assessments as well, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
Through encounter-level ICD-10 financial risk assessments, CIOs can better understand where to focus the conversion efforts to reduce risk to the business and best use resources. Having ties to revenue helps the CIO bridge the gap between IT and business.
CIOs can facilitate:
• Improved budget allocations
• Increased automation in testing scenarios
• Prioritized testing scenarios and data
• Improved staff allocations
• Prioritized planning for vendor and interface management
More Articles on Billing, Coding and Collections:
ADP AdvancedMD iPad App Now Includes Charge Capture
Cigna Sues New Jersey's Roseland Ambulatory Surgery Center for Waiving Patient Costs
Dr. Farzad Mostashari Defends Meaningful Use Before Congress
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Study: Hand Hygiene Compliance Improvement Cuts MRSA Rates in Half
- The 5 Most Common Hiring Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- $20M Stanley M. Truhlsen Eye Institute Opens in Nebraska
- Study: Full Contact Precautions as Effective Against MRSA as Gloves Alone
- Study: Shorter Hospital Stays Resulted From BMP in Lumbar Fusions