CIOs Should be Involved in ICD-10 Financial Risk Assessment
San Francisco Chronicle.
Through encounter-level ICD-10 financial risk assessments, CIOs can better understand where to focus the conversion efforts to reduce risk to the business and best use resources. Having ties to revenue helps the CIO bridge the gap between IT and business.
CIOs can facilitate:
• Improved budget allocations
• Increased automation in testing scenarios
• Prioritized testing scenarios and data
• Improved staff allocations
• Prioritized planning for vendor and interface management
More Articles on Billing, Coding and Collections:
ADP AdvancedMD iPad App Now Includes Charge Capture
Cigna Sues New Jersey's Roseland Ambulatory Surgery Center for Waiving Patient Costs
Dr. Farzad Mostashari Defends Meaningful Use Before Congress
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
ICD-10 check-in: Where are healthcare stakeholders in the preparation process?Read Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting