CIOs Should be Involved in ICD-10 Financial Risk Assessment
Through encounter-level ICD-10 financial risk assessments, CIOs can better understand where to focus the conversion efforts to reduce risk to the business and best use resources. Having ties to revenue helps the CIO bridge the gap between IT and business.
CIOs can facilitate:
• Improved budget allocations
• Increased automation in testing scenarios
• Prioritized testing scenarios and data
• Improved staff allocations
• Prioritized planning for vendor and interface management
More Articles on Billing, Coding and Collections:
ADP AdvancedMD iPad App Now Includes Charge Capture
Cigna Sues New Jersey's Roseland Ambulatory Surgery Center for Waiving Patient Costs
Dr. Farzad Mostashari Defends Meaningful Use Before Congress
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Is multimodal or patient-controlled analgesia more effective following an ACDF? 5 observations
- Stratifying risk — Using predictive analytics to pinpoint high-risk patients
- Coding productivity, accuracy decrease with start of ICD-10: 8 observations
- Global telemedicine market to grow at CAGR of 19%: 8 insights
- Obama administration rejects House $1.1B Zika bill: 4 things to know