Bundled Payment Program Progress: 6 Things to Know
As healthcare providers and payers face seek to move from fee-for-service to value-based payment, a considerable number of them are implementing bundled payment plans.
According to a study commissioned by the nonprofit Health Care Incentives Improvement Institute and conducted by Bailit Health Purchasing, some public and private healthcare payers are beginning to commit to bundled payments as their core payment reform strategy, meaning the reimbursement model is no longer limited to pilot program status.
Here are six key things to know about bundled payment plans and their growing prevalence in the healthcare industry.
Read the full report on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Revenue cycle firm acquires price transparency, consumer engagement company for $135MRead Now
- Consumer and clinician opinions on big data, telehealth and mHealth: 8 things to know
- Innovation's moral quandary: When am I obligated to reinvent the wheel?
- House Republicans sue Obama administration over PPACA: 5 things to know
- Just 1% of organizations will eliminate healthcare coverage, survey finds
- DOJ recovers $2.3B in healthcare False Claims Act cases in FY 2014