Bundled Payment Program Progress: 6 Things to Know
As healthcare providers and payers face seek to move from fee-for-service to value-based payment, a considerable number of them are implementing bundled payment plans.
According to a study commissioned by the nonprofit Health Care Incentives Improvement Institute and conducted by Bailit Health Purchasing, some public and private healthcare payers are beginning to commit to bundled payments as their core payment reform strategy, meaning the reimbursement model is no longer limited to pilot program status.
Here are six key things to know about bundled payment plans and their growing prevalence in the healthcare industry.
Read the full report on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Could healthcare benefit from a single-payer system?Read Now
- ASC staff management primer: 10 key articles for surgery center leaders
- Dr. Jacquelyn Short joins LaFollette Eye Clinic
- Engage the disengaged: 9 tips for underperforming employees
- Flexion Therapeutics prices underwritten public offering of 5.04M shares
- CMS approves Yorkville Endoscopy's plan to stay open