Athenahealth Acquires Epocrates Mobile ProviderCloud-based electronic health record and practice management company athenahealth has acquired Epocrates, a mobile health provider.
athenahealth paid $293 million in cash, or $11.75 per share, for Epocrates, according to the release.
The acquisition will help athenahealth expand its network of providers by more than 330,000 and provide more comprehensive billing and practice assistance. The deal is expected to close in the second quarter of 2013, according to the release.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Uncompensated Bills at Hospitals Top $41B in 2011
Wisconsin's Manitowoc Surgery Center Estimates $6.6M in Savings for Local Businesses Since 2006
CMS Implements Changes to Place of Service Medicare Coding
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 4 Leadership Lessons From One of Healthcare's Most Powerful Women
- Dr. Frank Gerratana Wins 2013 Orthopaedist of the Year Award by The Connecticut Orthopaedic Society
- Dr. Joseph Barmakian Earns Physician Excellence Award for Orthopedics
- The Pain Center of Arizona Receives Phoenix Award From U.S. Commerce Association
- AbbVie, Galapagos Partner to Test Possible Chrohn's Disease Drug