Athenahealth Acquires Epocrates Mobile Provider
athenahealth has acquired Epocrates, a mobile health provider.
athenahealth paid $293 million in cash, or $11.75 per share, for Epocrates, according to the release.
The acquisition will help athenahealth expand its network of providers by more than 330,000 and provide more comprehensive billing and practice assistance. The deal is expected to close in the second quarter of 2013, according to the release.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Uncompensated Bills at Hospitals Top $41B in 2011
Wisconsin's Manitowoc Surgery Center Estimates $6.6M in Savings for Local Businesses Since 2006
CMS Implements Changes to Place of Service Medicare Coding
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Partnership Pitfall: What Happens to ASC Software After Joint Venturing?Read Now
- 5 Common Mistakes That Cause Small Businesses to Fail
- At the Forefront of Bundled Payments & Clinical Quality: Connecticut Joint Replacement Institute
- 13 Orthopedics-Driven ASCs That Are 10,000+ Square Feet
- Young Gastroenterologists: The Essential Skills to Thrive in Healthcare Today
- ASA Affiliates Receive American Society of Association Executives' Power of A Award