ASC Reimbursement Trends as a Percentage of HOPD
In 2003, ASCs were reimbursed 87 percent of what an HOPD would receive. By 2008, they were only reimbursed at 63 percent on average. Over the next three years, the decline continued:
2009: 59 percent
2010: 58 percent
2011: 56 percent
CMS released its Medicare 2013 final rule to include a 0.6 percent rate increase for ASCs. This was down from a proposed 1.3 percent update in the proposed final rule. The increase is based on a 1.4 percent projected rate of inflation and a 0.8 percent point decrease for productivity adjustment required by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
20 ASC Management & Service Company Leadership Moves
5 Reasons to Conduct Regular ASC Valuations
5 Tips for ASCs to Optimize Accounts Receivable
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Report: Expanding Medicaid lowers insurance premiums: 5 takeaways
- 6 ways payers and providers can reduce claim denials
- Central California Endoscopy Center receives AAAHC accreditation: 4 notes
- Alabama, Louisiana, Texas & more: Zika projected to strike these 8 states, next
- Newly discovered mosquito virus defies infection norms: 6 key takeaways