AMA to Include CPT Codes in the Genetic Testing Registry
Officials hope the CPT codes will help clinicians identify practical information about genetics more easily, according to the report.
CPT codes for molecular pathology were updated to a more detailed set in 2012 to capture rapid scientific advances.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
AHIMA, CMS Respond to ICD-10 Criticism
athenahealth, MedOasis Team Up to Create Anesthesia-Specific Billing
HSMN Works to Bridge Coder, Physician Information Gap
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 5 things to know about Pres. Trump's executive order addressing the ACA
- Should Medicare allow total joints in ASCs? Q&A with Drs. Barry Waldman, Derek Johnson
- 84% of medical personnel are unsure of MACRA's requirements, survey finds: 3 takeaways
- Healthcare plan vanishes from WhiteHouse.gov after President Donald Trump takes oath
- Christ Hospital's dispute with St. Elizabeth Healthcare over $24M ASC may wage on for years