AMA to Include CPT Codes in the Genetic Testing Registry
American Medical Association will incorporate current procedural technology codes for molecular pathology into the Genetic Testing Registry as part of its plan to enhance the National Institute of Health's database.
Officials hope the CPT codes will help clinicians identify practical information about genetics more easily, according to the report.
CPT codes for molecular pathology were updated to a more detailed set in 2012 to capture rapid scientific advances.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
AHIMA, CMS Respond to ICD-10 Criticism
athenahealth, MedOasis Team Up to Create Anesthesia-Specific Billing
HSMN Works to Bridge Coder, Physician Information Gap
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies