AMA to Include CPT Codes in the Genetic Testing RegistryThe American Medical Association will incorporate current procedural technology codes for molecular pathology into the Genetic Testing Registry as part of its plan to enhance the National Institute of Health's database.
Officials hope the CPT codes will help clinicians identify practical information about genetics more easily, according to the report.
CPT codes for molecular pathology were updated to a more detailed set in 2012 to capture rapid scientific advances.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
AHIMA, CMS Respond to ICD-10 Criticism
athenahealth, MedOasis Team Up to Create Anesthesia-Specific Billing
HSMN Works to Bridge Coder, Physician Information Gap
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 4 Leadership Lessons From One of Healthcare's Most Powerful Women
- Dr. Frank Gerratana Wins 2013 Orthopaedist of the Year Award by The Connecticut Orthopaedic Society
- Dr. Joseph Barmakian Earns Physician Excellence Award for Orthopedics
- The Pain Center of Arizona Receives Phoenix Award From U.S. Commerce Association
- AbbVie, Galapagos Partner to Test Possible Chrohn's Disease Drug