AMA to Include CPT Codes in the Genetic Testing Registry
American Medical Association will incorporate current procedural technology codes for molecular pathology into the Genetic Testing Registry as part of its plan to enhance the National Institute of Health's database.
Officials hope the CPT codes will help clinicians identify practical information about genetics more easily, according to the report.
CPT codes for molecular pathology were updated to a more detailed set in 2012 to capture rapid scientific advances.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
AHIMA, CMS Respond to ICD-10 Criticism
athenahealth, MedOasis Team Up to Create Anesthesia-Specific Billing
HSMN Works to Bridge Coder, Physician Information Gap
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
ICD-10 check-in: Where are healthcare stakeholders in the preparation process?Read Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting