AMA, Medical Groups Call for CMS to Stop ICD-10 Mandate
In a letter from Dec. 20, the more than 80 groups said the increased burden could put many practices out of business, especially since providers are already required to participate in other quality and health information technology programs.
The groups are calling for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to stop the mandated ICD-10 implementation. AMA also does not support the financial penalties, which begin in 2015, for failure to meet the deadline.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Growth of ASCs Could Save Taxpayers Hundreds of Millions in Medicare Dollars by 2017
Uncompensated Bills at Hospitals Top $41B in 2011
Wisconsin's Manitowoc Surgery Center Estimates $6.6M in Savings for Local Businesses Since 2006
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- GI leader to know: Dr. Adedayo Mokuolu of Desert Gastroenterology Associates
- Tenapanor provides 'compelling' symptom relief in phase IIb trial: 3 insights
- Gastro Health acquires Gastroenterology Consultants: 4 key notes
- Top Doctor Awards honors Dr. Kevin Collier: 3 points
- AAAHC elects board officers: 4 insights