AAPC Announces Certified Physician Practice Manager Credential
AAPC has announced the CCPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager) credential, according to a release.
This advanced certification with supporting training curriculum enables coders, office managers and practice managers to validate their expertise in the non-clinical aspects of a physician's practice.
Practice management professionals successful at passing the 200-question CCPM exam will have demonstrated proficiency in:
• Health care business process and workflow
• Fraud, abuse and corporate compliance
• Medical office accounting, physician reimbursement, and revenue cycle management
• Human resource management
• Marketing and business relationships
• HIPAA and data security
• Health IT, EMRs, and health information exchange
For full details on the CPPM exam, please visit the AAPC website.
Related Articles on Coding, Billing & Collections:
AMA, MGMA Letters to House Committee Suggest SGR Alternatives
14 Pros & Cons of Outsourcing ASC Billing
Massachusetts Business Groups Divided Over How to Reduce Healthcare Costs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition