AAPC Announces Certified Physician Practice Manager Credential
This advanced certification with supporting training curriculum enables coders, office managers and practice managers to validate their expertise in the non-clinical aspects of a physician's practice.
Practice management professionals successful at passing the 200-question CCPM exam will have demonstrated proficiency in:
• Health care business process and workflow
• Fraud, abuse and corporate compliance
• Medical office accounting, physician reimbursement, and revenue cycle management
• Human resource management
• Marketing and business relationships
• HIPAA and data security
• Health IT, EMRs, and health information exchange
For full details on the CPPM exam, please visit the AAPC website.
Related Articles on Coding, Billing & Collections:
AMA, MGMA Letters to House Committee Suggest SGR Alternatives
14 Pros & Cons of Outsourcing ASC Billing
Massachusetts Business Groups Divided Over How to Reduce Healthcare Costs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About