AAPC: 4 Tips for Coding a Single Knee Arthroscopy Per Compartment
• Compartments include lateral, medial and patella-femoral
• A maximum of one arthroscopy procedure per compartment may be reported
• Procedures performed in different compartments may be bundled; read code descriptors carefully
• Allografts are not reported separately with arthroscopic knee procedures
More Articles on Coding and Billing:
11 Esophagoscopy Code Updates to Know
AAPC Adds Capabilities to Online Code Search Tool
The Fast Approaching ICD-10 Deadline: How Can ASC Leaders Prepare?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
3M releases new coding, reimbursement systemRead Now
- 4 Foundational Components to Determine ASC Start-up Success
- Inc. magazine names PriorityOne Group among fastest-growing private companies
- A world without colonoscopy? 9 gastroenterologists weigh in on the future of GI's top procedure
- Essentia Health-St. Joseph's Medical Center adds Dr. Mark Suojanen
- Gel stops bleeding in 10 seconds in trials