8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
Huffington Post article, Tom Lowery, an entrepreneur, writer and corporate training specialist, lays out eight reasons outsourcing medical billing services can help a healthcare organization.
The eight reasons are:
1. Third party medical billing professionals will most likely be more diligent about faster collections and resubmitting claims.
2. Employing a staff for billing purposes can get expensive.
3. Outsourced billing companies have more billing and coding expertise and necessary resources.
4. Certified billing companies are compliant with the latest healthcare laws.
5. Facilities can operate at top potential and eliminate costly errors.
6. Patients have less patience and want to cut through the bureaucratic hurdles preventing them from securing insurance.
7. Patients who aren't qualified for Medicaid and have no insurance can benefit from the wide variety of skills and alternatives that outsourced billing companies can often assist with.
8. Creating a collaborative and positive billing experience for patients results in a financially solid bottom line.
More Articles on Practice Management:United Healthcare Drops Thousands of Physicians From Medicare Advantage
9 Team-Building Exercises for Medical Practices
10 Pain Management Tips for Physicians From a Lawyer
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies