7 Statistics on Certified Medical Coder Salary
The unemployment rate among Certified Professional Coders is 1.7 percent, compared with national unemployment rates of around 7.4 percent. While the overall salary slightly decreased this past year — it's at $46,847 this year compared to $47,870 last year — the average salary for CPCs with more than two years of experience jumped to $48,925.
The report shows the most substantial salary increase takes place within the first 20 years of experience and credentials make a difference:
• Certified Professional Coder: $48,593
• Certified Professional Coder—Hospital Outpatient: $56,284
• Certified Professional Coder—Payer: $57,995
• Certified Professional Practice Manager: $59,619
• Certified Professional Medical Auditor: $61,115
• Certified Professional Biller: $61,667
• Certified Professional Compliance Officer: $69,138
More Articles on Billing and Coding:
4 Ways Electronic Billing Can Dramatically Benefit Healthcare Practices
4 Current Billing & Coding Issues for ASCs From Michael Orseno of Regent Surgical Health
ICD-10 Transition Eased by Collaboration
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About