7 Questions to Ask EHR Vendors About ICD-10
If you have not selected an EHR system, here are some questions to discuss with your vendor about the ICD-10 transition.
• Will the system be able to accommodate ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS code sets?
• What customer support and training for ICD-10 will be offered, and will it be included in the contract?
• Will the software application be able to accommodate both ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes?
If you already have a certified EHR system, make sure the ICD-10 upgrade is covered in your contract. Here are some questions to ask your vendor about options and pricing.
• Will there be additional costs to accommodate ICD-10 codes?
• Will my contract need to be modified to include ICD-10 codes? What are the terms?
• Will my system be ICD-10 ready by 2013 so I can begin ICD-10 testing?
• What level of customer support and training is offered? Are those costs included in the contract?
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
ICD-10 May Impede Healthcare Fraud Detection
Two St. Louis Hospitals Approved for CMS Bundled Payment Programs
Physicians Remain Reluctant to Embrace ICD-10
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Trio Consulting acquires iMedX's transcription firm for VA, DoD medical facilitiesRead Now
- ASC staff management primer: 10 key articles for surgery center leaders
- Dr. Jacquelyn Short joins LaFollette Eye Clinic
- Engage the disengaged: 9 tips for underperforming employees
- Flexion Therapeutics prices underwritten public offering of 5.04M shares
- CMS approves Yorkville Endoscopy's plan to stay open