6 Statistics on Coder, Biller Salaries by Workplace Setting
AAPC Healthcare Salary Survey.
The range between all salaries is only about $7,000. Here are six statistics on average coder salaries based on workplace setting.
1. Health system — $49,000
2. Hospital inpatient — $48,500
3. Large group practice — $46,000
4. Hospital outpatient — $45,500
5. Medium group practice — $42,500
6. Solo practice/small group practice — $42,000
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Hospital-Physician Compensation: What the Tuomey Ruling Means for Anesthesiologists
NIH Gives $8.6M Grant for Researchers to Pinpoint Anesthesia Mechanisms
Laser Spine Institute Tampa Names Dr. Thor Van Diver as Chief of Anesthesia
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About