6 ICD-10 Transition Questions to Ask Clearinghouses
Physicians Practice article, Lucien W. Roberts, a Virginia-based consultant, lays out six questions for providers to ask their clearinghouses as they prepare for the ICD-10 transition.
The six questions are:
1. Our practice suffered a disruption of cash flow during the 5010 transition. What will you do differently with ICD-10 to prevent a repeat performance?
2. Would you please run a report of claims rejections and denials by ICD-9 code?
3. Would you run a similar report by payer?
4. Could you please run a report that identifies the "generic" codes each provider uses regularly?
5. Could you share advice on mapping my superbill from ICD-9 to ICD-10?
6. Could you share the progress of your discussions with my practice management vendor and my payers? When can we start sending test claims?
More Articles on ICD-10:athenahealth is First HIT Vendor to Guarantee ICD-10 Compliance for Clients
AHA Extends ICD-10, Meaningful Use Readiness Survey
Survey Shows Providers Far Behind in ICD-10 Planning
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Giving Back to the Community: 5 ASCs Involved in Outreach Initiatives
- PriorityOne to Expand Team in 2014, Move to Bigger Office Location
- BayCare Ambulatory Surgery Center to Begin Expansion Project
- Albany Urology Clinic & Surgical Center Opens in New Location
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Names Nueterra Global Alliance Best New Business