The Medical Group Management Association Legislative and Executive Advocacy Response Network recently launched the ACA Insurance Exchange Implementation Report, which found that 14.4 percent of physicians do not plan participating in new health insurance exchange products, while another 56.4 percent haven't decided yet.
The five reasons given for not participating in the ACA exchanges are:
1. Concerns about administrative and regulatory burden from these products;
2. Concerns about the financial burdens from patient collections since many of these plans are high-deductible;
3. They would face financial risk because of low reimbursement rates from exchange plans;
4. Concerns about assuming financial liability during the 90-day grace period ACA exchange enrollees have to pay their bills;
5. Concerns about the uncertainty and confusion regarding ACA exchange products.
More Articles on Practice Management:
13 Statistics on How Orthopedic Surgeons Spend Their Work Time
4 Key Consideration When Adding a Partner to a Medical Practice
Physician: 6 Tips for Managing an Online Reputation
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.