5 Most Common Reason for Denials in Surgery Centers
Code 18: Duplicate claim/service.
Code 16: Claim/service lacks information which is needed for adjudication. At least one Remark Code must be provided
Code 97: The benefit for this service is included in the payment/allowance for another service/procedure that has already been adjudicated.
Code 22: This care may be covered by another payer per coordination of benefits.
Code 96: Non-covered charge(s). At least one Remark Code must be provided
Learn more about RemitDATA.
Related Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Tips for Decreasing Hospital Bad Debt
Switch to Errors May Be Difficult for Physicians
10 Key Steps to Managed Care Contracting
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Non-Medicaid expansion states could gain up to $27.9B in savings by expanding program: 4 takeaways
- Senate committee advances vote on Trump's FDA pick Dr. Scott Gottlieb
- GI leader to know: Dr. Michael Sagatelian of Palmetto Digestive Health Specialists
- Drs. Todd Baron & Kevin Collier: 2 GI physicians in the headlines
- New Century Spine and Outpatient Surgical Institute installs Indigo-Clean disinfecting lights