5 Most Common Reason for Denials in Surgery Centers
Here are the top five most common reason codes by denial count for unexpected denials, from highest to lowest. The data is based on 25 percent of all national outpatient remittances from of September, according to RemitDATA. RemitDATA is an independent, leading source of comparative analytics for reimbursement, utilization and productivity data.
Code 18: Duplicate claim/service.
Code 16: Claim/service lacks information which is needed for adjudication. At least one Remark Code must be provided
Code 97: The benefit for this service is included in the payment/allowance for another service/procedure that has already been adjudicated.
Code 22: This care may be covered by another payer per coordination of benefits.
Code 96: Non-covered charge(s). At least one Remark Code must be provided
Learn more about RemitDATA.
Related Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Tips for Decreasing Hospital Bad Debt
Switch to Errors May Be Difficult for Physicians
10 Key Steps to Managed Care Contracting
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition