5 Most Common Reason for Denials in Surgery Centers
RemitDATA. RemitDATA is an independent, leading source of comparative analytics for reimbursement, utilization and productivity data.
Code 18: Duplicate claim/service.
Code 16: Claim/service lacks information which is needed for adjudication. At least one Remark Code must be provided
Code 97: The benefit for this service is included in the payment/allowance for another service/procedure that has already been adjudicated.
Code 22: This care may be covered by another payer per coordination of benefits.
Code 96: Non-covered charge(s). At least one Remark Code must be provided
Learn more about RemitDATA.
Related Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Tips for Decreasing Hospital Bad Debt
Switch to Errors May Be Difficult for Physicians
10 Key Steps to Managed Care Contracting
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Program aims to bring value-based payments to New YorkRead Now
- The 10 best states for retirement
- Malnourished patients more likely than morbidly obese patients to face complications after orthopedic procedures, study finds
- Somnia Anesthesia calls for anesthesiologist of the year award nominations
- Patients are becoming more aware of performance reports
- Continuing medical education platform grows to drive improved patient safety