5 Most Common Reason for Denials in Surgery Centers
RemitDATA. RemitDATA is an independent, leading source of comparative analytics for reimbursement, utilization and productivity data.
Code 18: Duplicate claim/service.
Code 16: Claim/service lacks information which is needed for adjudication. At least one Remark Code must be provided
Code 97: The benefit for this service is included in the payment/allowance for another service/procedure that has already been adjudicated.
Code 22: This care may be covered by another payer per coordination of benefits.
Code 96: Non-covered charge(s). At least one Remark Code must be provided
Learn more about RemitDATA.
Related Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Tips for Decreasing Hospital Bad Debt
Switch to Errors May Be Difficult for Physicians
10 Key Steps to Managed Care Contracting
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
ICD-10 Will Provide Better Data for Healthcare AnalyticsRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers