4 Tips for Coders to Improve Billing, Coding Accuracy
released his tips for medical coders and billers to code and submit accurate claims with minimal errors for optimal reimbursements.
His tips include:
• Having all patient data completed at check-in, including social security number, contact information, ID and insurance.
• Being familiar with all payer contract specifications.
• Evaluating patient data right away for problems
• Challenging unpaid claims according to usual and customary fee schedules
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Craft a Better ICD-10 Query: 5 Tips
Should ASCs Move From Out-of-Network to In-Network? Assessing the Switch
5 Reasons Physicians Won't Participate in ACA Insurance Exchanges
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies