4 questions to ask before purchasing an EHR
How to Change Your Medical Billing Software report from Kareo.
• Are you read to use an EHR? Physicians need the time to select the right EHR for their practices and the resources to fully integrate the new system into practice.
• What are your expectations for the EHR? Low expectations will result in EHR underperformance, while expectations set too high will result in disappointment.
• Will you be able to take advantage of EHR incentive money? Physician practices should ensure they understand Meaningful Use Measures and what is needed to meet them.
• What is a practical plan to implement the EHR? While vendors can provide support for EHR implementation, the bulk of the responsibility lies with the practice. A plan must be in place before purchasing the system.
More Articles on Coding and Billing:
3 Things to Know About ICD-10 Dual Coding
Bundled Payments Save $33M in Cancer Care: How Can Other Specialties Do the Same?
2 Tips for EHR Implementation at ASCs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
5 ways you can reduce outpatient coding denialsRead Now
- Beware of Your CPA’s Advice on Asset Protection: The Advice you Get May be Inaccurate
- Medical errors still a leading cause of death in America — 5 things to know
- Where is healthcare the cheapest? 5 cities
- CMS plans to change meaningful use — AMA says that's a good thing
- 8 gastroenterologist inventors