4 Codes to Review for ICD-10 ProficiencyTo be more proficient at ICD-10, coders should focus on a few techniques, according to ICD-10 Watch.
• Brush up on anatomy and physiology to more specifically code cardiac conditions.
• Review the ICD-10-PCS multiple procedure guidelines to know which procedures with distinct objectives can be reported during the same operative session.
• Learn how to report sequela codes using ICD-10-CM coding for late effects.
• Know which extended options for ventilation times in ICD-10-PCS could affect reimbursements.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Creating IT for a "Vertically Integrated" Healthcare System: Thoughts from Marion Jenkins of 3t Systems
AAFP Joins Protest Against ICD-10 Switch
AHIMA: Do Not Delay ICD-10 Training
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers