4 Codes to Review for ICD-10 Proficiency
• Brush up on anatomy and physiology to more specifically code cardiac conditions.
• Review the ICD-10-PCS multiple procedure guidelines to know which procedures with distinct objectives can be reported during the same operative session.
• Learn how to report sequela codes using ICD-10-CM coding for late effects.
• Know which extended options for ventilation times in ICD-10-PCS could affect reimbursements.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Creating IT for a "Vertically Integrated" Healthcare System: Thoughts from Marion Jenkins of 3t Systems
AAFP Joins Protest Against ICD-10 Switch
AHIMA: Do Not Delay ICD-10 Training
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 8 statistics on NP, PA salary and satisfaction
- 4 strategies for ASC leaders to successfully lead a team
- UnitedHealth Group pushes back expiration date on SCA offer exchange; Medical Facilities Corp. increases surgical volume by 7.6% in FY 2016 & more — 5 notes
- Nurse leadership primer: 20 key points on finding, supporting & being a great nurse leader
- GI leader to know: Dr. Brett Thorpe of Provo Gastroenterology