4 Benefits of ICD-10 for Physicians
In a Medscape Today report, Elizabeth Woodcock, founder and principal of Woodcock & Associates, which focuses on medical group operations and revenue cycle management, lays out four benefits that ICD-10 may offer for physicians.
The four benefits of ICD-10 are:
1. Coding is more specific.
2. Finding a possible diagnosis is easier.
3. The description of the extent of diagnoses is improved.
4. It's easier to assign codes.
More Articles on Physicians:Report: 10 Specialties With the Most Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Team Physician Consensus Statement Gets 2013 Update
66% of Physicians Believe Physician-Hospital Integration Will Increase
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
National Medical Billing Services CEO Nader Samii named top-rated CEO: 3 things to knowRead Now
- Women's Surgical Center sues Georgia health department over CON law: 5 key points
- Dr. Michael Pezzone returns to River Valley Physicians
- EndoChoice refinances debt
- Digestive Health Center of Los Angeles partners with Health Connexions
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Harry Sarles Jr. of Digestive Health Associates of Texas