4 Benefits of ICD-10 for Physicians
In a Medscape Today report, Elizabeth Woodcock, founder and principal of Woodcock & Associates, which focuses on medical group operations and revenue cycle management, lays out four benefits that ICD-10 may offer for physicians.
The four benefits of ICD-10 are:
1. Coding is more specific.
2. Finding a possible diagnosis is easier.
3. The description of the extent of diagnoses is improved.
4. It's easier to assign codes.
More Articles on Physicians:Report: 10 Specialties With the Most Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Team Physician Consensus Statement Gets 2013 Update
66% of Physicians Believe Physician-Hospital Integration Will Increase
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 16 statistics on Medicare cases in ASCs resulting in subsequent hospital visits
- 90% of physicians report career satisfaction with career choice — 5 key points
- Trump administration proposes $1.2B NIH funding cut: 5 things to know
- GI leader to know: Dr. Iryna Hepburn of WellSpan Health
- Leader Surgical Center now AAAHC-accredited: 3 insights