4 Benefits of ICD-10 for Physicians
In a Medscape Today report, Elizabeth Woodcock, founder and principal of Woodcock & Associates, which focuses on medical group operations and revenue cycle management, lays out four benefits that ICD-10 may offer for physicians.
The four benefits of ICD-10 are:
1. Coding is more specific.
2. Finding a possible diagnosis is easier.
3. The description of the extent of diagnoses is improved.
4. It's easier to assign codes.
More Articles on Physicians:Report: 10 Specialties With the Most Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Team Physician Consensus Statement Gets 2013 Update
66% of Physicians Believe Physician-Hospital Integration Will Increase
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- AANA stands in support of Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week: 3 notes
- White House promotes initiatives for Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week: 5 notes
- 1st ASC earns The Joint Commission's advanced certification: 3 notes on Ohio Specialty Surgical Suites
- Kenneth Rainin Foundation awards $3M in IBD research grants: 5 notes
- US Sen. Susan Collins honored for CRC screening initiatives: 3 notes