4 Benefits of ICD-10 for Physicians
In a Medscape Today report, Elizabeth Woodcock, founder and principal of Woodcock & Associates, which focuses on medical group operations and revenue cycle management, lays out four benefits that ICD-10 may offer for physicians.
The four benefits of ICD-10 are:
1. Coding is more specific.
2. Finding a possible diagnosis is easier.
3. The description of the extent of diagnoses is improved.
4. It's easier to assign codes.
More Articles on Physicians:Report: 10 Specialties With the Most Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Team Physician Consensus Statement Gets 2013 Update
66% of Physicians Believe Physician-Hospital Integration Will Increase
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Is multimodal or patient-controlled analgesia more effective following an ACDF? 5 observations
- Stratifying risk — Using predictive analytics to pinpoint high-risk patients
- Coding productivity, accuracy decrease with start of ICD-10: 8 observations
- Global telemedicine market to grow at CAGR of 19%: 8 insights
- Obama administration rejects House $1.1B Zika bill: 4 things to know