4 Benefits of ICD-10 for Physicians
In a Medscape Today report, Elizabeth Woodcock, founder and principal of Woodcock & Associates, which focuses on medical group operations and revenue cycle management, lays out four benefits that ICD-10 may offer for physicians.
The four benefits of ICD-10 are:
1. Coding is more specific.
2. Finding a possible diagnosis is easier.
3. The description of the extent of diagnoses is improved.
4. It's easier to assign codes.
More Articles on Physicians:Report: 10 Specialties With the Most Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Team Physician Consensus Statement Gets 2013 Update
66% of Physicians Believe Physician-Hospital Integration Will Increase
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
AHIMA, ICD-10 Coalition Call for HHS to Limit ICD-10 DelayRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers