4 Benefits of ICD-10 for Physicians
In a Medscape Today report, Elizabeth Woodcock, founder and principal of Woodcock & Associates, which focuses on medical group operations and revenue cycle management, lays out four benefits that ICD-10 may offer for physicians.
The four benefits of ICD-10 are:
1. Coding is more specific.
2. Finding a possible diagnosis is easier.
3. The description of the extent of diagnoses is improved.
4. It's easier to assign codes.
More Articles on Physicians:Report: 10 Specialties With the Most Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Team Physician Consensus Statement Gets 2013 Update
66% of Physicians Believe Physician-Hospital Integration Will Increase
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
BCBSA report: Hip, knee replacement billing can vary widely in the same marketRead Now
- 18 statistics on podiatry revenue per case at ASCs
- Changing Perspectives: One Gatronenterologist's Switch to a Different Brand of Endoscope
- 5 fresh ideas for differentiating your ASC
- 5 recent ASC industry acquisitions
- Physician employment vs. private practice: 14 statistics on pay, satisfaction & more