3 New CPT Codes for Balloon Sinus Dilation
CPT copyright 2009 American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
The American Medical Association has accepted three new CPT codes for balloon sinus dilation technology during endoscopic sinus surgery for 2011 claims, according to reports from the AAPC and American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery.
These codes are:
1. 31295 — Nasal/sinus endoscopy, surgical; with dilation of maxillary sinus ostium (eg, balloon dilation), transnasal or via canine fossa (Do not report 31295 in conjunction with 31233, 31256, 31267 when performed on the same sinus)
2. 31296 — with dilation of frontal sinus ostium (eg, balloon dilation) (Do not report 31296 in conjunction with 31276 when performed on the same sinus)
3. 31297 — with dilation of sphenoid sinus ostium (eg, balloon dilation) (Do not report 31297 in conjunction with 31235, 31287, 31288 when performed on the same sinus)
The work RVUs of these codes are 2.70 for 31295, 3.29 for 31296 and 2.64 for 31297.
Read the AAPC report about the new balloon sinus dilation CPT codes.
Read the AAO-HNS report about coding for balloon sinus dilation.
Learn more about AAPC.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 4 GI physicians in the news — July 29, 2016
- Takeda Pharmaceutical plans $725M R&D redesign: 5 things to know
- Dr. James Cottrell wins Arthur Ashe Institute for Urban Health's leadership award: 5 notes
- Anthem to add 9 ACA exchanges if Cigna deal passes: 4 takeaways
- Florida marks 1st state of local Zika mosquito transmission; 4 people infected — 5 things to know