3 New CPT Codes for Balloon Sinus Dilation
CPT copyright 2009 American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
The American Medical Association has accepted three new CPT codes for balloon sinus dilation technology during endoscopic sinus surgery for 2011 claims, according to reports from the AAPC and American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery.
These codes are:
1. 31295 — Nasal/sinus endoscopy, surgical; with dilation of maxillary sinus ostium (eg, balloon dilation), transnasal or via canine fossa (Do not report 31295 in conjunction with 31233, 31256, 31267 when performed on the same sinus)
2. 31296 — with dilation of frontal sinus ostium (eg, balloon dilation) (Do not report 31296 in conjunction with 31276 when performed on the same sinus)
3. 31297 — with dilation of sphenoid sinus ostium (eg, balloon dilation) (Do not report 31297 in conjunction with 31235, 31287, 31288 when performed on the same sinus)
The work RVUs of these codes are 2.70 for 31295, 3.29 for 31296 and 2.64 for 31297.
Read the AAPC report about the new balloon sinus dilation CPT codes.
Read the AAO-HNS report about coding for balloon sinus dilation.
Learn more about AAPC.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
2 tips for ENT coding & billingRead Now
- Medicare inspections & survey readiness: Key concepts for success
- Streamlining the Life Safety Code® Survey
- International Anesthesia Research Society to issue $1.3M+ in research awards in 2015
- Top 10 common physician credentialing mistakes ASCs make
- Financial leadership playbook: The essential skills for a CFO in gastroenterology