10 Statistics on Payors Dropped by Physicians Since 2009Here are 10 statistics on the payors physicians have dropped over the past two years, according to Medscape's Insurer Ratings Report. Of the 10,213 physician respondents to the survey, 24 reported dropping insurers over the past two years.
1. Blues Plans: 10 percent
2. United Healthcare: 7 percent
3. Cigna: 7 percent
4. Aetna: 7 percent
5. Humana: 3 percent
6. Kaiser Foundation Health: 3 percent
7. AMERIGROUP: 3 percent
8. Coventry Health Care: 3 percent
9. Molina Health Care: 2 percent
10 Healthnet: 2 percent
All other payors made up 48 percent of the payors dropped in the past two years.
More Articles on Health Insurance:
20 Recent Medicare, Medicaid Issues
Survey: 46.3 Million Americans Without Health Insurance
8 Ways ASCs Can Prepare for ICD-10
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition