10 Statistics on Payors Dropped by Physicians Since 2009
Medscape's Insurer Ratings Report. Of the 10,213 physician respondents to the survey, 24 reported dropping insurers over the past two years.
1. Blues Plans: 10 percent
2. United Healthcare: 7 percent
3. Cigna: 7 percent
4. Aetna: 7 percent
5. Humana: 3 percent
6. Kaiser Foundation Health: 3 percent
7. AMERIGROUP: 3 percent
8. Coventry Health Care: 3 percent
9. Molina Health Care: 2 percent
10 Healthnet: 2 percent
All other payors made up 48 percent of the payors dropped in the past two years.
More Articles on Health Insurance:
20 Recent Medicare, Medicaid Issues
Survey: 46.3 Million Americans Without Health Insurance
8 Ways ASCs Can Prepare for ICD-10
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 7 Guidelines for Preparing a News Release About Surgery Center Accreditation
- Hiring Physicians: 6 Questions Providing Insight Into Candidates
- Physicians: Timeline for 2014 Deadlines to Remember
- Spotlight on MMX Healthcare: Developing Reliable, Affordable Tools for ASC Data Tracking & Management
- Hand Hygiene Story Roundup