10 Statistics on Medical Coder Salary by Region
report "2013 Salary Survey: Cover Employment on the Rise," coders in the Pacific region of the country earn the highest average salary.
Here are 10 statistics on professional medical coder salary:
1. Pacific: $52,633
2. Mountain: $46,832
3. West North Central: $43,944
4. East North Central: $44,816
5. Mid Atlantic: $50,977
6. New England: $50,349
7. East Central: $43,059
8. South Atlantic: $46,104
9. West South Central: $46,518
10. Overall Average Salary: $46,847
More Articles on Coding:
35 Statistics on Surgery Center Claim Denials
3 Considerations for In-House vs. Outsourced Billing
ICD-10: What Should Practices Have Completed?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
AHIMA, ICD-10 Coalition Call for HHS to Limit ICD-10 DelayRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers