10 Statistics on Medical Coder Salary by Region
report "2013 Salary Survey: Cover Employment on the Rise," coders in the Pacific region of the country earn the highest average salary.
Here are 10 statistics on professional medical coder salary:
1. Pacific: $52,633
2. Mountain: $46,832
3. West North Central: $43,944
4. East North Central: $44,816
5. Mid Atlantic: $50,977
6. New England: $50,349
7. East Central: $43,059
8. South Atlantic: $46,104
9. West South Central: $46,518
10. Overall Average Salary: $46,847
More Articles on Coding:
35 Statistics on Surgery Center Claim Denials
3 Considerations for In-House vs. Outsourced Billing
ICD-10: What Should Practices Have Completed?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
5 Tips for Medical Groups to Take Advantage of ICD-10 ImplementationRead Now
- 5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves & Honors
- Barrington Pain and Spine Institute Gets State Approval for Spine Surgery Services
- Top 5 Specialty Physicians Who Offer Ancillary Services
- FOAA Anesthesia Services' Dr. Srinivas Sharma to Serve as Featured Panelist at Mid-Atlantic Anesthesia Research Conference
- FDA Recalls ARKON Anesthesia System With Version 2.0 Software