10 Statistics on Medical Coder Salary by Region
report "2013 Salary Survey: Cover Employment on the Rise," coders in the Pacific region of the country earn the highest average salary.
Here are 10 statistics on professional medical coder salary:
1. Pacific: $52,633
2. Mountain: $46,832
3. West North Central: $43,944
4. East North Central: $44,816
5. Mid Atlantic: $50,977
6. New England: $50,349
7. East Central: $43,059
8. South Atlantic: $46,104
9. West South Central: $46,518
10. Overall Average Salary: $46,847
More Articles on Coding:
35 Statistics on Surgery Center Claim Denials
3 Considerations for In-House vs. Outsourced Billing
ICD-10: What Should Practices Have Completed?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies