10 Statistics on Biggest Financial Players in California Outpatient Surgery
The data, listed in a report from the California Ambulatory Surgery Association, includes the five biggest players in the outpatient surgeries market for ASCs and hospital outpatient departments.
The biggest players for ASCs were:
1. Medicare: 33 percent
2. Private insurance: 47 percent
3. Workers compensation: 6 percent
4. Self pay: 4 percent
5. MediCal: 4 percent
The biggest players for HOPDs were:
6. Medicare: 32 percent
7. Private insurance: 50 percent
8. Workers compensation: 2 percent
9. Self pay: 2 percent
10. MediCal: 9 percent
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Physicians Realty Trust Acquires Montana Surgery Center for $4M
100 Physician Leaders to Know in the ASC Industry
What's Ahead for the ASC Industry in 2014?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
How Medical Practices Can Increase Revenue 70% With Best Billing PracticesRead Now
- "Joining an ACO, Being Employed by the Hospital, Immediate Benefits and Drawbacks and Long Term Prospects for the Spine Surgeon"
- ASC Payer Trends: Evolving Market Creates Opportunities for ASCs
- 4 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Technology Acquisitions
- CASA Welcomes 9 New Surgery Center Members
- Beverly Hills Surgery Center Hosts 1st Single-Site Robotic Hysterectomy in LA