10 Statistics on Biggest Financial Players in California Outpatient Surgery
The data, listed in a report from the California Ambulatory Surgery Association, includes the five biggest players in the outpatient surgeries market for ASCs and hospital outpatient departments.
The biggest players for ASCs were:
1. Medicare: 33 percent
2. Private insurance: 47 percent
3. Workers compensation: 6 percent
4. Self pay: 4 percent
5. MediCal: 4 percent
The biggest players for HOPDs were:
6. Medicare: 32 percent
7. Private insurance: 50 percent
8. Workers compensation: 2 percent
9. Self pay: 2 percent
10. MediCal: 9 percent
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Physicians Realty Trust Acquires Montana Surgery Center for $4M
100 Physician Leaders to Know in the ASC Industry
What's Ahead for the ASC Industry in 2014?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 6 Ophthalmology Devices Receive FDA 510(k) Clearance in January & February
- 4 GI/Endoscopy Devices Receive FDA 510(k) Clearance in February
- Custom Implants & Outpatient Knee Surgery: Q&A With Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Joseph Burkhardt
- Is There Room for New ASCs in 2014?
- Top 5 Drivers of NP & PA Dissatisfaction