10 Leading Payors by Dollars Collected
1. Blues Plans: 32 percent reported as lead payor
2. United Healthcare: 9 percent
3. Aetna: 5 percent
4. Kaiser Foundation: 2 percent
5. Humana: 2 percent
6. Cigna: 2 percent
7. Hawaii Medical Service Association: 1 percent
8. Medical Mutual of Ohio: 1 percent
9. Oxford: 1 percent
10. All other payors: 32 percent
*About a quarter of responding physicians were unaware of their leading payor.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Key Items for 2013 ASC Strategic Plans
5 ASCs Achieve Accreditation
10 Characteristics That Increase Surgery Center Risk
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- UnitedHealthcare now posts Healthgrades star ratings for each physician: 7 key notes
- Joint Commission: New tools for medical error prevention
- Mederi Therapeutics launches 3rd generation of Stretta, Boston Scientific reports Q1 2016 financials & more — 5 GI company key notes
- Gastroenterologist pay in the US, UK, Canada & Australia: 5 notes
- Seres Therapeutics signs research agreements to support development of microbiome therapy for IBD: 3 points