10 Leading Payors by Dollars Collected
1. Blues Plans: 32 percent reported as lead payor
2. United Healthcare: 9 percent
3. Aetna: 5 percent
4. Kaiser Foundation: 2 percent
5. Humana: 2 percent
6. Cigna: 2 percent
7. Hawaii Medical Service Association: 1 percent
8. Medical Mutual of Ohio: 1 percent
9. Oxford: 1 percent
10. All other payors: 32 percent
*About a quarter of responding physicians were unaware of their leading payor.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Key Items for 2013 ASC Strategic Plans
5 ASCs Achieve Accreditation
10 Characteristics That Increase Surgery Center Risk
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Legislators advocate for vaccines as debate over effectiveness takes center stage
- GI leader to know: Dr. Sam Moussa of Adobe Gastroenterology
- Woodland Hills Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Center earns AAAHC accreditation: 3 key notes
- Vision Eye Center acquires Virginia eye care practice: 3 key notes
- 5 ways CMS changes are affecting reimbursement for ASCs, anesthesia practices and providers