10 Leading Payors by Dollars Collected
1. Blues Plans: 32 percent reported as lead payor
2. United Healthcare: 9 percent
3. Aetna: 5 percent
4. Kaiser Foundation: 2 percent
5. Humana: 2 percent
6. Cigna: 2 percent
7. Hawaii Medical Service Association: 1 percent
8. Medical Mutual of Ohio: 1 percent
9. Oxford: 1 percent
10. All other payors: 32 percent
*About a quarter of responding physicians were unaware of their leading payor.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Key Items for 2013 ASC Strategic Plans
5 ASCs Achieve Accreditation
10 Characteristics That Increase Surgery Center Risk
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Cleveland Clinic anesthesiologist Dr. Marc Feldman found dead in motel: 5 things to know
- AGA, other societies express concerns about alternate payment model adoption to CMS: 4 notes
- 4 insights on increasing anesthesia use in outpatient GI procedures
- 10 statistics on annual & hourly pay for ophthalmologists
- CMS data: In 2015, healthcare industry made $7B+ in payments, investment interests to physicians