10 key trends in employers offering insurance benefits
The Transamerica Center for Health Studies found employers are optimistic about providing benefits packages to employees.
Here are 10 key trends from the report:
1. Midsize employers offering health benefits to part-time employees doubled from 13 percent in 2013 to 26 percent in 2016.
2. More than half — 57 percent — of employers expect wages to grow next year; 65 percent expect profitability to grow next year.
3. Eight-two percent of employers said their workplace wellness programs positively impact workers' health; another 80 percent said they impact overall performance and productivity.
4. Seventy-two percent of the employers said their workplace wellness programs positively impacted healthcare costs.
5. Eighty percent of employers said their companies are worried about healthcare insurance affordability and 78 percent said they have concerns with healthcare expense. Employees were less concerned, however, with just over half expressing any concern.
6. Eighty-four percent of employers feel health benefits are an important part of attracting and retaining employees; 88 percent said they thought health benefits were an important aspect of overall job satisfaction.
7. Nineteen percent of employers plan to change their health insurance plan options in the next one or two years.
8. Twenty-eight percent of employers implemented a wellness program for employees in the last 12 months.
9. Around 54 percent of small businesses reported awareness of the Small Business Health Options Program and 30 percent know how to access SHOP coverage for their employees.
10. More employers reported viewing the ACA positively — 36 percent — than negatively — 21 percent. Another 42 percent reported neutral feelings about it.
More articles on healthcare:
5 hospitals, health systems opening or planning ASCs
ASCs band together to form North Carolina Ambulatory Surgical Center Association
85 new outpatient surgery centers in 2016
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Evaluating pain management protocols in the age of new patient care models
- Are more physician-owned hospitals on the horizon? Legislation introduced to lift the ban
- Trump plans to roll out healthcare plan in March — 4 points
- 10 most common sentinel events in Q2 2016
- Patient expectation correlates to physician antibodies prescribing patterns