What are the Top Root Causes of Surgical Sentinel Events?
Human factors — 62 percent
Communication — 53 percent
Assessment — 49 percent
Leadership — 40 percent
For a full list of top root causes for perioperative complications, object retention and wrong-surgeries, continue reading on Becker's Hospital Review.
More Articles on Accreditation:
3 AmSurg Centers Receive AAAHC Accreditation
Accreditation Tip: 15 Best Practices to Prevent SSIs
7 Steps to Accurate Credentialing
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Pediatric Specialists of Virginia achieve AAAHC accreditation — 5 key notesRead Now
- 8 things to know about healthcare-associated infections
- Dr. David Folden develops Folden Femto Dissector: 5 key notes
- Dayton Children's $47.5M expansion includes surgery center: 4 key notes
- Global infection control market to grow 6% to 7% CAGR by 2020 & 6 more key notes
- EHRs in the ASC: Making the right selection & staying ahead of the curve