What are the Top Root Causes of Surgical Sentinel Events?
Human factors — 62 percent
Communication — 53 percent
Assessment — 49 percent
Leadership — 40 percent
For a full list of top root causes for perioperative complications, object retention and wrong-surgeries, continue reading on Becker's Hospital Review.
More Articles on Accreditation:
3 AmSurg Centers Receive AAAHC Accreditation
Accreditation Tip: 15 Best Practices to Prevent SSIs
7 Steps to Accurate Credentialing
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Legislators advocate for vaccines as debate over effectiveness takes center stage
- GI leader to know: Dr. Sam Moussa of Adobe Gastroenterology
- Woodland Hills Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Center earns AAAHC accreditation: 3 key notes
- Vision Eye Center acquires Virginia eye care practice: 3 key notes
- 5 ways CMS changes are affecting reimbursement for ASCs, anesthesia practices and providers