What are the Top Root Causes of Surgical Sentinel Events?
Human factors — 62 percent
Communication — 53 percent
Assessment — 49 percent
Leadership — 40 percent
For a full list of top root causes for perioperative complications, object retention and wrong-surgeries, continue reading on Becker's Hospital Review.
More Articles on Accreditation:
3 AmSurg Centers Receive AAAHC Accreditation
Accreditation Tip: 15 Best Practices to Prevent SSIs
7 Steps to Accurate Credentialing
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Summit ASC reaccredited by AAAHCRead Now
- 12 tips to negotiate a deal more effectively
- ASC stock report — 5 key company updates
- New EndoChoice slim scope, US Endoscopy distribution agreement & more – 6 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- VisionCare completes financing for commercialization of telescope implant
- House committee chairmen release joint statement on ICD-10 implementation