What are the Top Root Causes of Surgical Sentinel Events?
Human factors — 62 percent
Communication — 53 percent
Assessment — 49 percent
Leadership — 40 percent
For a full list of top root causes for perioperative complications, object retention and wrong-surgeries, continue reading on Becker's Hospital Review.
More Articles on Accreditation:
3 AmSurg Centers Receive AAAHC Accreditation
Accreditation Tip: 15 Best Practices to Prevent SSIs
7 Steps to Accurate Credentialing
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- URMC to participate in ACGME quality & patient safety initiative: 5 takeaways
- Cigna serves as a beacon of hope for the ACA, expands into new markets: 4 things to know
- 6 key considerations before diving into bundled payments — Take it from a frontrunner ASC
- Inconsistencies among medical examiners skew firearm-related death data: 5 takeaways
- Total joint replacement in ASCs: 10 years & counting for Pacific Rim Outpatient Surgery Center — 5 things to know