What are the Top Root Causes of Surgical Sentinel Events?
Human factors — 62 percent
Communication — 53 percent
Assessment — 49 percent
Leadership — 40 percent
For a full list of top root causes for perioperative complications, object retention and wrong-surgeries, continue reading on Becker's Hospital Review.
More Articles on Accreditation:
3 AmSurg Centers Receive AAAHC Accreditation
Accreditation Tip: 15 Best Practices to Prevent SSIs
7 Steps to Accurate Credentialing
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
AAAHC accredits first multiple-site provider through Network Accreditation ProgramRead Now
- Consumer and clinician opinions on big data, telehealth and mHealth: 8 things to know
- Innovation's moral quandary: When am I obligated to reinvent the wheel?
- House Republicans sue Obama administration over PPACA: 5 things to know
- Just 1% of organizations will eliminate healthcare coverage, survey finds
- DOJ recovers $2.3B in healthcare False Claims Act cases in FY 2014