What are the Top Root Causes of Surgical Sentinel Events?
Human factors — 62 percent
Communication — 53 percent
Assessment — 49 percent
Leadership — 40 percent
For a full list of top root causes for perioperative complications, object retention and wrong-surgeries, continue reading on Becker's Hospital Review.
More Articles on Accreditation:
3 AmSurg Centers Receive AAAHC Accreditation
Accreditation Tip: 15 Best Practices to Prevent SSIs
7 Steps to Accurate Credentialing
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Francis Chan of Gastroenterology Center of Connecticut
- 5 most read GI/endoscopy stories – Week of Sept. 28 to Oct. 2
- Dr. Patricia Jumelle joins Sparks Clinic Pain Management: 3 quick facts
- Heavier hip, knee replacement patients have lower blood transfusion rates: 4 insights
- People with chronic diseases more likely to monitor health by apps: 4 takeaways