Virginia's Advanced Orthopaedics Office and Surgical Suite Receives Fourth AAAHC Re-Accreditation
Advanced Orthopaedics Office Practice and Surgical Suite in Richmond, Va., received its fourth re-accreditation from AAAHC in May.
The accreditation included the surgery suite, an attached office practice and Ortho On-Call, two urgent care centers. The practice staffs 18 orthopaedic physicians, 15 of whom operate in the surgery suite. Advanced Orthopaedics received its first accreditation in 2003 and has been successful with three-year accreditations since then.
This year, Advanced Orthopaedics' Surgical Suite leadership decided to submit a project for award consideration at AAAHC's Quality Institute following accreditation. "This year, we also saw more staff feeling energized and helping us get ready for accreditation," says Ruth Vaiden, RN, administrative director of the surgery suite and the quality management program. "I've been doing it for this group since 2001, and I can see how much we've grown since then."
Related Articles on Accreditation:
United Memorial Medical Center Receives Joint Commission Accreditation
Pinnacle III's Peak One Surgery Center Achieves AAAHC Re-Accreditation
Easton Hospital in Pennsylvania Achieves Joint Commission Accreditation
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 7 Things for ASC Leaders to Know for Thursday
- 4 Leadership Lessons From One of Healthcare's Most Powerful Women
- Dr. Frank Gerratana Wins 2013 Orthopaedist of the Year Award by The Connecticut Orthopaedic Society
- Dr. Joseph Barmakian Earns Physician Excellence Award for Orthopedics
- The Pain Center of Arizona Receives Phoenix Award From U.S. Commerce Association