University of South Alabama Student Health Center Achieves AAAHC Accreditation
The University of South Alabama Student Health Center was granted a three-year accreditation by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
The USA Student Health Center is the only AAAHC-accredited center in southern Alabama and one of only two in the state, according to a release. USA joins a group of 188 schools accredited by AAAHC across the country.
Ambulatory healthcare organizations seeking accreditation by AAAHC undergo a thorough self-assessment and on-site survey by AAAHC surveyors that include physicians, nurses, and administrators involved in ambulatory health care.
Related Articles on Accreditation:
Coastal Eye Surgery Center Receives Joint Commission Accreditation
Study Finds Accreditation Improves Safety Culture at Nursing Homes
3 Massachusetts Hospitals Cited for Denying Emergency Care
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Best Tips for Launching an Infection Risk Improvement Plan
- How to Manage and Leverage Vendor Relationships
- 3 Steps to Control Labor Costs
- 10 Steps to Immediately Improve Surgery Center Profits: Cost Reduction & Benchmarking
- Former CMS Head Dr. Don Berwick Officially Running for Massachusetts Governor