Unified National Accreditation Program Announced for Bariatric Surgery Centers
The transition to the ACS-ASMBS Joint Program will begin April 1. Until then, ACS BSCN-accredited centers will continue to adhere to existing ACS standards, and ASMBS BSCOE-accredited centers will adhere to existing ASMBS standards. After April 1, all accredited centers under both programs will be extended accreditation to the new joint program.
It is anticipated that once operational committees of the new joint program are formed, a standards committee will develop new accreditation criteria that will include outcomes reporting. New standards will be implemented upon achievement of payor approval. The new accreditation program infrastructure is expected to be in place by early 2013.
Related Articles on Accreditation:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Dr. Andrew J. Cole on taking a comprehensive and systematic approach to medicine
- Dr. Mukadder Ozcan joins OU Physicians: 5 things to know
- 5 key trends on how Americans spend on healthcare
- What will the payer marketplace look like in 2017? 5 statistics
- St. Joseph's to build $9.5M outpatient surgery wing — 5 key points