The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Top 15 OSHA Citations in Healthcare
Here is a list of the Occupational Safety & Health Administration's top 15 most common citations in the healthcare industry. The data reflects citations and inspections from October 2010 through September 2011.
Note: Click on the associated links to learn more about the standards in detail.
1. Bloodborne pathogens (standard 19101030)
2. Hazard communication (standard 19101200)
3. Forms (standard 19040029)
4. General requirements (standard 19100303)
5. Annual summary (standard 19040032)
6. General recording criteria (standard 19040007)
7. Wiring methods, components and equipment for general use (standard 19100305)
8. Respiratory protection (standard 19100134)
9. Maintenance, safeguards and operational features for exit routes (standard 19100037)
10. General requirements (standard 19100132)
11. Medical services and first aid (standard 19100151)
12. The control of hazardous energy (standard 19100147)
13. Recording criteria (standard 19040004)
14. Permit-required confined spaces (standard 19100146)
15. Recording criteria for needlestick and sharps injuries (standard 19040008)
Related Articles on OSHA:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 7 Guidelines for Preparing a News Release About Surgery Center Accreditation
- Hiring Physicians: 6 Questions Providing Insight Into Candidates
- Physicians: Timeline for 2014 Deadlines to Remember
- Spotlight on MMX Healthcare: Developing Reliable, Affordable Tools for ASC Data Tracking & Management
- Hand Hygiene Story Roundup