The Joint Commission Appoints Dr. Daniel Castillo Medical Director of Healthcare Quality Evaluation
The Joint Commission has appointed Daniel J. Castillo, MD, as medical director in the Division of Healthcare Quality Evaluation.
In his new role, Dr. Castillo will lead clinical, research and patient safety issues within the Division of Healthcare Quality Evaluation. He will also contribute to the development of healthcare quality evaluation tools, including standards, survey process and performance measures for the Joint Commission accreditation and certification programs.
Dr. Castillo previously served as an emergency medicine physician at NorthShore University HealthSystem in Evanston, Ill.
More Articles on Accreditation:
OAK Surgical Institute Receives AAAHC Accreditation
URAC Accredits Access MediQuip
10 HFAP-Accredited Facilities Named Distinguished Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
5 key notes on patient falls from The Joint CommissionRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Bergein Overholt of Gastrointestinal Associates
- 13 GI physicians making headlines – May 26, 2015
- DDW highlights: 3 GI physicians on what excited them most
- Dr. Lawrence Lavine travels to Guatemala on medical mission trip — 4 quick facts
- Pre-surgery MRSA decontamination drives down SSI rate in elective orthopedic procedures — 5 key notes