The Joint Commission Appoints Dr. Daniel Castillo Medical Director of Healthcare Quality Evaluation
The Joint Commission has appointed Daniel J. Castillo, MD, as medical director in the Division of Healthcare Quality Evaluation.
In his new role, Dr. Castillo will lead clinical, research and patient safety issues within the Division of Healthcare Quality Evaluation. He will also contribute to the development of healthcare quality evaluation tools, including standards, survey process and performance measures for the Joint Commission accreditation and certification programs.
Dr. Castillo previously served as an emergency medicine physician at NorthShore University HealthSystem in Evanston, Ill.
More Articles on Accreditation:
OAK Surgical Institute Receives AAAHC Accreditation
URAC Accredits Access MediQuip
10 HFAP-Accredited Facilities Named Distinguished Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Novamed Surgical Center of Baton Rouge receives AAAHC accreditationRead Now
- Growing a healthcare IT company for ASCs — Key thoughts from Source Medical's Dr. James Coffin
- Are quality measures improving patient safety? 7 key notes
- National Surgical Centers of America earns AAAHC accreditation
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Joseph Kittinger of Wilmington Gastroenterology
- PPI therapy may increase risk of kidney injury in elderly