Surgical Safety Checklist and Toolkit for Download From BCBS
In the Dec. 2010 addition of the Arkansas BlueCross BlueShield provider's news publication, BCBS provides an adopted version of the World Health Organization Surgical Safety Checklist.
Along with the adopted checklist, BCBS provides an entire "starter kit" to assist with implementation of the checklist, including guidance for how to implement it effectively, a worksheet to help ensure effective integration and clinical tips for the sign in, time out and sign out processes.
To review and download the starter kit, click here (pdf). The kit can be found on pp. 9-20.
Read about and download other surgical safety tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Is multimodal or patient-controlled analgesia more effective following an ACDF? 5 observations
- Stratifying risk — Using predictive analytics to pinpoint high-risk patients
- Coding productivity, accuracy decrease with start of ICD-10: 8 observations
- Global telemedicine market to grow at CAGR of 19%: 8 insights
- Obama administration rejects House $1.1B Zika bill: 4 things to know