Surgical Safety Checklist and Toolkit for Download From BCBS
In the Dec. 2010 addition of the Arkansas BlueCross BlueShield provider's news publication, BCBS provides an adopted version of the World Health Organization Surgical Safety Checklist.
Along with the adopted checklist, BCBS provides an entire "starter kit" to assist with implementation of the checklist, including guidance for how to implement it effectively, a worksheet to help ensure effective integration and clinical tips for the sign in, time out and sign out processes.
To review and download the starter kit, click here (pdf). The kit can be found on pp. 9-20.
Read about and download other surgical safety tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
3 recently released Joint Commission resourcesRead Now
- 18 statistics on podiatry revenue per case at ASCs
- Changing Perspectives: One Gatronenterologist's Switch to a Different Brand of Endoscope
- 5 fresh ideas for differentiating your ASC
- 5 recent ASC industry acquisitions
- Physician employment vs. private practice: 14 statistics on pay, satisfaction & more