Surgical Safety Checklist and Toolkit for Download From BCBS
In the Dec. 2010 addition of the Arkansas BlueCross BlueShield provider's news publication, BCBS provides an adopted version of the World Health Organization Surgical Safety Checklist.
Along with the adopted checklist, BCBS provides an entire "starter kit" to assist with implementation of the checklist, including guidance for how to implement it effectively, a worksheet to help ensure effective integration and clinical tips for the sign in, time out and sign out processes.
To review and download the starter kit, click here (pdf). The kit can be found on pp. 9-20.
Read about and download other surgical safety tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Non-Medicaid expansion states could gain up to $27.9B in savings by expanding program: 4 takeaways
- Senate committee advances vote on Trump's FDA pick Dr. Scott Gottlieb
- GI leader to know: Dr. Michael Sagatelian of Palmetto Digestive Health Specialists
- Drs. Todd Baron & Kevin Collier: 2 GI physicians in the headlines
- New Century Spine and Outpatient Surgical Institute installs Indigo-Clean disinfecting lights