Surgical Safety Checklist and Toolkit for Download From BCBS
In the Dec. 2010 addition of the Arkansas BlueCross BlueShield provider's news publication, BCBS provides an adopted version of the World Health Organization Surgical Safety Checklist.
Along with the adopted checklist, BCBS provides an entire "starter kit" to assist with implementation of the checklist, including guidance for how to implement it effectively, a worksheet to help ensure effective integration and clinical tips for the sign in, time out and sign out processes.
To review and download the starter kit, click here (pdf). The kit can be found on pp. 9-20.
Read about and download other surgical safety tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Republicans pull AHCA: 7 key notes
- The out-of-network co-pay conundrum – To waive or not to waive ... And how?
- Mobile apps equally effective as in-person visit following ambulatory surgery: 4 things to know
- Ambulatory services market to increase at 6% CAGR through 2024: 5 notes
- Dr. Cheryl Pegus: 5 strategies to becoming a physician leader