The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Staff Training Tool: Medication Safety Best Practices Guide for Ambulatory Care Use
The Creighton University Health Services Research and Patient Safety provides a free, downloadable Medication Safety Best Practices Guide for Ambulatory Care Use.
Developed by the Creighton Health Services Research Program in 2004, the 12-page guide is intended to provide guidance on the resource requirements to consider when evaluating an environment for medication safety.
It addresses safety practices in areas including medication use process, office environment, error management, workplace conditions and safety education.
Download the Medication Safety Best Practices Guide for Ambulatory Care Use (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Medication Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
5 Centers Achieve Successful AAAHC AccreditationRead Now
- 7 Statistics on Physician Pay by Practice Setting
- Cook Medical Launches Instinct Endoscopic Hemoclip
- Logan Regional Medical Center Opens New Endoscopy Unit
- Sheridan Healthcare Announces Winner of Scholarship for Anesthesiologist Assistant Students
- Founder of URMC's Anesthesiology Department Dr. Alastair Gillies Dies