Staff Safety Tool: Sharps Safety 'Passing and Loading' Poster
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, a part of the CDC, offers a free, downloadable and adaptable poster which shows the proper and improper technique for passing and loading sharps.
The core message of the poster is: "Improper techniques cause the most sharps injuries."
The poster is a resource of the NIOSH STOP STICKS Campaign, which was developed to raise awareness of the dangers of sharps injuries and to provide tools so that others can conduct their own campaign in order to reduce the number of sharps injuries.
The poster is designed in a PowerPoint format so organizations can insert a facility logo, contact information and, if desired, pictures of staff members modeling proper and improper techniques.
Download the NIOSH sharps safety poster (pptx) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 85-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Surgery Center of Cliffside receives accreditation
- 4 GI physicians in the news — July 29, 2016
- Takeda Pharmaceutical plans $725M R&D redesign: 5 things to know
- Dr. James Cottrell wins Arthur Ashe Institute for Urban Health's leadership award: 5 notes
- Anthem to add 9 ACA exchanges if Cigna deal passes: 4 takeaways