Staff Safety Tool: OSHA Respiratory Protection Video
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has produced a free, downloadable training video for healthcare employers and workers that explains the proper use of respirators and the procedures to follow to assure that respirators protect workers from airborne hazards in healthcare settings.
The 33-minute video explains the major components of a respiratory protection program including fit-testing, medical evaluations, training and maintenance. The video also discusses the difference between respirators and surgical masks, and features a segment on common respiratory hazards found in healthcare settings.
Demonstrations also show how respirator use helps protect workers from exposure to airborne chemical hazards which are used commonly in hospital laboratories to preserve tissue samples for medical analysis.
To view the video as hosted on the U.S. Department of Labor website, click here.
To download the video, click here (wmv).
Note: View our database providing 85-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on OSHA:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Why now is the optimal time for outpatient TJR — 4 key thoughts
- 7 things for ASC leaders to know for Monday — June 27, 2016
- Is multimodal or patient-controlled analgesia more effective following an ACDF? 5 observations
- Stratifying risk — Using predictive analytics to pinpoint high-risk patients
- Coding productivity, accuracy decrease with start of ICD-10: 8 observations