Staff Education Tool: Two Hand Hygiene Videos
Kaiser Permanente, in its Nursing Pathways Infection Prevention Plus Measures Toolkit, provides links to two free, online videos focusing on hand hygiene.
The first video, "Hands," was produced by Dale Lieu, MD, an infectious diseases physician and the chairman of the Infection Prevention and Control Committee at Kaiser San Diego. It is described as a "four-and-a-half minute video promoting hand hygiene using and musical style familiar to younger healthcare workers, but done in a fashion appreciated by all ages."
The second video, "CleanMakers," was produced at the request of the Infection Control Programme of the University of Geneva Hospitals and its VigiGerme initiative, and is described as the following: "The Rythmakers set the tempo for you to efficiently clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub solution! So join the dance and become a Cleanmaker!"
Download these videos and show them to your staff as part of your hand hygiene education efforts.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition