Staff Education Tool: Testing for C. Diff Video
The CDC provides a free online video for healthcare providers on testing for Clostridium difficile.
In the video, Dr. Carolyn Gould, a medical epidemiologist in the Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion at CDC, discusses which patients should be tested for C. diff, which testing methods are appropriate and one thing organizations should not do.
Show this video to members of your organization as part of your infection prevention education efforts.
View the video, and a transcript, by clicking here.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Clostridium Difficile:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- URMC to participate in ACGME quality & patient safety initiative: 5 takeaways
- Cigna serves as a beacon of hope for the ACA, expands into new markets: 4 things to know
- 6 key considerations before diving into bundled payments — Take it from a frontrunner ASC
- Inconsistencies among medical examiners skew firearm-related death data: 5 takeaways
- Total joint replacement in ASCs: 10 years & counting for Pacific Rim Outpatient Surgery Center — 5 things to know