Staff Education Tool: Testing for C. Diff Video
The CDC provides a free online video for healthcare providers on testing for Clostridium difficile.
In the video, Dr. Carolyn Gould, a medical epidemiologist in the Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion at CDC, discusses which patients should be tested for C. diff, which testing methods are appropriate and one thing organizations should not do.
Show this video to members of your organization as part of your infection prevention education efforts.
View the video, and a transcript, by clicking here.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Clostridium Difficile:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 4 key situations for coders to query providers — And when not to
- Hepatic steatosis and liver fibrosis may be genetic: 4 observations
- ALS disease may arise from long-ago embedded virus: 5 observations
- Looking to the future of payment: Why ASCs need to adopt new models
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Joel Weinstock of Tufts Medical Center