Staff Education Tool: Testing for C. Diff Video
The CDC provides a free online video for healthcare providers on testing for Clostridium difficile.
In the video, Dr. Carolyn Gould, a medical epidemiologist in the Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion at CDC, discusses which patients should be tested for C. diff, which testing methods are appropriate and one thing organizations should not do.
Show this video to members of your organization as part of your infection prevention education efforts.
View the video, and a transcript, by clicking here.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Clostridium Difficile:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Costs, benefits of virtual colonoscopy: Q&A with Dr. John C. Fang of University of Utah School of Medicine
- Percentage of office-based physicians using EHR in all 50 states: 8 states over 90%
- 8 things to know on physician practice revenue cycle management outsourcing
- Reducing the number of variables: 4 thoughts on what makes this ASC's TJR program succeed
- Patient identification complexity & why the industry is still trying to get it right: 5 considerations