Staff Education Tool: SSI Cost of Infection Savings Calculator
Kimberly-Clark, as part of its healthcare-associated infections website, provides a free, downloadable surgical site infection cost of infection savings calculator.
The calculator, in the form of a spreadsheet, shows how reducing surgical site infections can help reduce costs to a facility.
It asks users to choose one of about a dozen procedures, provides the average SSI rate for the procedure and the average cost of one SSI in that type of procedure.
It then asks users to enter their current infection rate and desired reduction in infection rate, producing a new desired rate of infection.
Finally, the calculator asks the user to enter the average number of that type of procedure performed annually at the user's facility.
These figures, when calculated together, provide the average total cost of SSI infections for the procedure selected and the potential savings that could be had by reducing the infection rate.
Download the Kimberly-Clark SSI cost of infection savings calculator (xls) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Surgical Site Infections:10 Points on Post-Surgery Infection Rates by ASC Specialty
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Why ASCs should prioritize personalities in staff recruitment: Select Physicians Surgery Center's administrator shares insight
- AAAHC names Dr. Vicky Gordon interim president & CEO: 3 notes
- Emergent BioSolutions receives contract for Zika vaccine: 4 things know
- Obama administration to update Medicare Part B payment proposal, but will this be enough to squash opposition?
- Illinois Department of Insurance approves $37B Aetna, Humana merger: 4 key points